Independent & Long-Established Funeral Directors Firm, Providing Complete Solutions & Bespoke Services
Consumer, Food & Retail
Long-established firm of funeral directors, providing a comprehensive range of funeral solutions and associated services. Catering to all faiths and beliefs, the company is highly regarded in the local community for providing a professional and tailored end-to-end service, from organising funerals and pre-paid services through to the installation of bespoke memorials. The company belongs to a recognised national body that ensures members maintain and deliver an impeccably high standard of service. Operating from its modern and purpose-built facilities, the company is able to conduct reduced attendance services in line with Covid-19 restrictions.
- Provides fully integrated funeral packages and ancillary services, including Expression of Wishes, memorial supply and installation, and guaranteed prepaid funeral plans.
- Prepaid funeral plans have experienced steady growth; a trajectory that is anticipated to see this revenue stream grow month-on-month.
- Strong and growing pipeline, the company currently has c170 funerals (valued at c£680k) secured and more than 65 Expression of Wishes plans (valued at at a further c£265k), which typically result in the sale of a funeral plan.
- Benefits from purpose-built facilities, including a state of the art Chapel of Rest with excellent access, and is well-equipped to handle the cyclical fluctuations in workload.
- Recently upgraded the company's IT infrastructure to provide flexible working solutions, increase security and threat protection, and ensure business continuity.
- Highly professional and compassionate staff whose standards of practice are regularly reviewed by a national body to ensure an exceptional standard of service is upheld.
- Regularly updated website that promotes the wide range of funeral services the company provides and is a testament to the company’s professional approach.
- Recently updated IT infrastructure sees the company operate on a cloud-based system, providing flexible working solutions, business continuity, and secure remote access.
- Continue expanding the company’s Condolence service digitally via its website to allow families to see all the tributes that have been left for the deceased.
- Engaged with local PR agency to provide independent insight in promoting the business of Beckford's and in particular promote the purpose built and state of the art facilities which provide excellent access for the older generation or disabled.
- Identified as an area of growth, the company aims to do more to encourage the use of its premises for those families with agnostic and atheistic beliefs, or those desiring a more private funeral in a tranquil location.
- To cater to clients that would prefer a more modest funeral at a lower price point, the company is set to begin marketing its new ‘simple funeral’ service which could secure an additional source of revenue in 2021.
- Launch a marketing initiative for the provision of memorials and expand into the remaining 75% market share which represents a key growth opportunity.
- Introducing a dynamic and innovative marketing approach, including hosting ‘open days’, could enable the company to raise brand awareness, particularly with largely untapped markets, such as the younger generations, and generate an increased volume of new business leads.
- Opportunity for an international acquirer, providing similar or complementary services, to gain a strong offshore presence and benefit from a unique tax position, as well as gain a presence in a territory which has one of the highest average levels of household disposable income in the OECD.
- Opportunity for a complementary acquirer to expand and diversify their existing range of services via a long-established and highly regarded company.