Esteemed Food and Drink Retailer with an Established Ecommerce Operation
Consumer, Food & Retail
Well-established, family run food and drink retailer, specialising in cured meats, as well as an array of complementary products, including wines and spirited, a butchers, and foreign groceries and snacks. The company supplies an established B2C and B2B client base, operating from its two stores and serving clients internationally via its bespoke ecommerce website. Since its establishment almost 40 years ago, the company has forged an exceptional reputation for its internationally recognised, high-quality products.
- Decades of experience trading in the wholefoods market has enabled the company to cultivate an unrivalled reputation as a leading supplier of food and drink.
- No one client represents more than 20% of sales, mitigating the risks associated with overreliance.
- Winner of numerous sector relevant awards, affirming a high product quality.
- Enviable customer service leading to a high retention rate in both customers and clients.
- The company operates from retail stores in areas with high passing trade, which adds a lucrative revenue stream alongside the company’s ecommerce platform.
- Strong, long-standing working relationships with suppliers ensure continuity of quality and supply.
- Dynamic online presence across various platforms drives sales via the company’s ecommerce site.
- Launch the company’s new website (website to be upgraded), which will include CRM features to optimise loyalty and increase the company’s ecommerce capabilities.
- Enhance marketing efforts, including the introduction of a sales team, to identify potential B2B custom, such as pubs, delis and restaurants which may want to purchase the company’s products.
- Strengthen existing foothold in immediate region and expand presence in currently untapped geographical regions in order to diversify client base and increase market share.
- Opportunity for an acquirer to introduce a subscription-style sales model to customers and boost the proportion of recurring sales.
- Opportunity for a similar acquirer to gain a foothold in the immediate region and expand its geographical reach.
- Represents an opportunity for a complementary acquirer to enhance and diversify its existing offering, with a view to capitalise on significant cross-selling prospects across a combined client base and a well-established ecommerce platform.
- Opportunity to boost sales through the company’s award-winning butchery offering, which the shareholders have identified as areas of large potential for growth.