Full-Service Moving, Packing, & Storage Company
A full-service, award-winning moving and storage company that specializes in local, long-distance, and international relocations for residential clients, as well as specialized office moving and related services for commercial clients. The company has been providing clients with packing, moving, and storage services for several decades and is affiliated with a well-known van line company.
• Revenue and adjusted EBITDA grew at compound annual growth rates of 7.2% and 27.2%, respectively, from 2018 to 2021
• Gross profit margins averaged 32.9% from 2018 to 2021
• Management notes that as of May 2022, year-to-date (YTD) sales have increased 5% when compared to 2021
• Several extended contracts with clients in place, representing nearly 25% of overall revenue each year
• Independent agent of a well-known van line; the company is included in a wide network of moving agencies
• Experienced moving and hauling staff, some with decades of industry experience and several years of tenure with the company
• Focus on expanding into other territories within the van lines system, including the acquisition of other agents, or areas that are not currently represented by the van lines brand to expand market reach, sales opportunities, and maximize efficiencies of scale and hauling opportunities
• Continue to expand the commercial services offered by adding more commercial and office related services such as full project management, technology services, and comprehensive furniture installation services
• Increase storage revenue by expanding and increasing the company’s current storage facilities
• Capitalize on the existing management infrastructure to increase the company’s hauling fleet by recruiting more drivers to increase capacity for interstate moves
• Streamline the company’s organization with an updated centralized management information system to maximize efficiencies
• Southeast US
• The company primarily services residential and commercial clients that are either relocating to or from its current state of operation. The company also services clients throughout other states and regions across the US.
• The company operates from a combined 79,000 sq. ft. at a primary operating facility and a smaller satellite facility. Management notes that the primary operating facility is not included in the sale of the company, though a long-term lease is currently in place.