Turnkey electrical and instrumentation, entrenched in blue-chip mining operations
Gauteng, South Africa
Energy & Power
Our client is an electrical and instrumentation (E&I) contracting company, capable of turnkey capital projects as well as ongoing maintenance, being deeply entrenched in the day to day business operations of their established blue-chip client base in the mining and power generation sectors.
- Capable of turnkey electrical automation and control projects, with experience in commanding large workforces on site based projects around South Africa and other SADEC countries
- Preferred supplier status in many tenders to loyal blue-chip clients in the mining sector
- With optimally located field offices, the company is deeply entrenched in their clients' site operations, being an integral part of ongoing maintenance
- On site presence gives the company a significant cost and speed advantage over competitors
- A high ratio of the company's highly skilled workforce is locally based in the areas they operate, exceeding mining charter expectations
- Strong relationships with community leaders due to and in support of the company's drive to build a sustainable workforce
- Expand geographic footprint - Continue the company's successful model of forging local relationships and setting up site offices at clients' premises.
- Insource manufacturing - Enclosure manufacturing is currently outsourced. A strategic acquirer may choose to set up manufacturing facilities at one of the company's properties, where there is space to expand operations.
- Offer complementary services - A strategic acquirer could also offer other complementary site based services requiring locally based staffing solution such as control and automation, power reticulation, other process equipment.
- Gain from recent asset acquisition - The company has recently acquired new assets to hire out during electrical and instrumentation projects, which will result in greater margins.
- Headquartered in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa, with 3 satellite offices in strategic locations.
- The company primarily services its established blue-chip client base in the mining sector, though it is also making considerable traction in the power generation sector and non-core industries renewable energy, security, and food and beverage.
- The company's head office in the north of Johannesburg is rented, as is one of its satellite offices. The other two site offices have been provided to the company at no charge.