An original equipment manufacturer of transformers and magnetic products with renewable energy applications
Energy & Power; Industrial & Manufacturing
Our client is a specialised transformer and magnetic component manufacturer. Their successful track record of large-scale solar projects has positioned them to leverage opportunities in the marketplace to dominate the renewable energy sector. Powerful proprietary software for design, production and quality management of custom transformers, enables professionals with exceptional engineering skills to develop innovations in-house.
- Specialist engineering, manufacturing transformers and related equipment
- Well-established, over 39 years in operation
- Highly renowned for quality, robust products
- Considerable intellectual property in product designs, manufacturing processes and software
- Unique expertise in solar power applications
- Well-equipped manufacturing plant
- Highly skilled workforce with comprehensive design skills enabling innovations to be created in-house
- Vendorship with prominent Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) firms and other OEMs
- Accredited with international standards ISO 9001:2015
- The distributed solar energy business in South Africa is expected to expand at a CAGR of 4.5% by 2026. The business is well-positioned to capitalise on the anticipated industry growth, and support from an acquirer can expedite its success.
- Drivers of growth include recent legislative amendments enabling South African independent power producers (IPPs), which may include private businesses, to generate up to 100MW of power and profit from its uptake to the national grid.
- Government initiatives include the Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme (REIPPPP), and the Department of Mineral Resources & Energy's target to add 26 030 MW of PV and Wind capacity through a rolling procurement strategy by 2030.
- The business operates from a modern factory in Gauteng, South Africa. The building is well-equipped with lifting equipment and has designated bays for metal fabrication, wire coiling, assembly and testing. The property is owned outside the business and not expected to form part of the deal, but the stakeholder is open to discussions in that regard.