Invest in a rapidly growing DevOps company, with a highly skilled and loyal development team and niche specialisation in video-on-demand applications
Technology, Media, Telecom & Data
Our client is a software development and IT operations (DevOps) company with a niche focus on OTT (over-the-top) media, carrying through from VOD (video-on-demand) platforms and live video streaming. The company assembles high-performing teams of designers, developers and engineers to optimise, improve and expand clients’ VOD and streaming platforms. With unique expertise in the highly demanding and ever-changing OTT space, covering a wide range of VOD platforms and online streaming services, the company has positioned itself at the forefront of the media industry to harness massive opportunities for growth internationally.
- Niche specialisation in the rapidly growing OTT streaming market - encompassing from when new content is ingested to the VOD platform to the applications users view their favourite shows on, driving maximum engagement by delivering native user interfaces with high quality, encoded video on any device they use
- A client base that includes blue-chip international media companies and emerging OTT / VOD platforms
- A highly skilled workforce with comprehensive rare skills enabling all insights to be created in-house
- Long-serving, committed team – a hard to replicate differentiator in the international software development market
- Considerable year-on-year revenue growth, breaking into new markets
- Committed leadership, ready for the next phase of expansion
- Two dynamic shareholders founded the business in 2013 and have actively grown it to the success it is today. Looking to drive further expansion, the shareholders believe this will be best enabled through strategic partnership, making up to 51% of the business available for acquisition.
- The company is courting several high profile clients and is expecting a strong influx of projects in the near to medium term. Growth in the industry is capital intensive, with extended payment terms requiring cash to take on new projects, however, this has created an opportunity for a strategic or financial acquirer to invest in the business, which is ideally positioned to benefit from meteoric growth in the OTT and VOD media industry.
- An acquirer with aspirations to become the next Netflix or Hulu will be well-supported by the company's depth of skills and experience to build a custom proprietary platform in-house.
- The company is headquartered in Johannesburg, Gauteng, with most employees working remotely from where they're based in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town and Lesotho.
- In FY2022, the majority of income came from development work for blue-chip software and media firms in the United Kingdom and the United States.
- A successful two-year engagement with one of the world's top media organisations sharpened the firm's expertise in video on demand and unlocked potential that the company is uniquely capable of exploiting.
- The business expects to expand their base of billable engineers, which are actively allocated to projects, up to 46 people over the next 12 months. This is expected to result in average billable revenue exceeding R5,6m per month.