Acquire a South African internet service provider (ISP) with proven ability to rapidly scale
Technology, Media, Telecom & Data
Our client is an internet service provider (ISP) in South Africa that has rapidly established itself as a leader in the residential market, providing high-speed internet through dominant fibre network operators (FNOs), underpinned by robust internal systems. As a result, the company's customer base represents a significant opportunity for an acquirer to diversify into or bolster an existing ISP company.
- An established subscriber base, built through aggressive acquisition strategies.
- The monthly billing cycle provides considerable recurring revenue.
- Robust processes and systems seamlessly handle all billing and usage monitoring.
- Online portal for clients to manage and pay their accounts.
- Access to point of presence in three data centres in South Africa, and four in Europe.
- A highly esteemed brand in a competitive market, consistently rated in South Africa's top 10 ISPs by consumer advocacy forums.
- Establish or augment an existing ISP
- Growth for an ISP requires a significant investment of time and resources. By buying the company, an acquirer will immediately unlock significant monthly revenue through the company’s subscriber base.
- An acquirer may elect to diversify into other synergistic services, including:Web hosting
- Virtual Server hosting
- Domain registration
- Upselling computer hardware
- Based in Gauteng, however, all staff work remotely and have done so since inception. Productivity, therefore, was unaffected by Covid-19.
- The company’s customer base is nearing 3000 customers.
- The average spend per customer is R7930 ex VAT.
- Predominantly private individuals in Gauteng, followed by the Western Cape and Durban.